If you are looking for a Wifi security camera to keep your home safe, you need to look no further than Amcrest. Besides using a security camera, it is also a good idea to make sure that the windows and doors in your home are kept locked and not able to be broken into. The following article will talk about keeping your home safe so others cannot get in when they should not be doing so.
It is important to keep your home from becoming a target and take steps to protect yourself. You must educate yourself and plan. The following steps are good way to get started on keeping your home safe from intruders.
You do not want to make your windows an easy access in order to get into your home. You need to make sure to:
- Always lock windows, even windows that are not on the first level.
- Use secondary locking devices on windows in order to prevent them from opening past a certain height.
- Make sure that windows have vibration or glass-break sensors connected to your alarm system.
- Consider solar screens on your windows which will save on your cooling bill but also allow you more privacy and prevent people from looking in your windows and viewing your home. Solar screens also screwed into your window frame, which will make than more difficult for an intruder to remove.
- Look into anti-break window film as an option for your windows. If you have glass doors, they need to be double-paned and laminated.
- Basement windows should have bars or anti-break window film over them.
- Secure any windows where air conditioning units are attached.
- Put dowel rods in the track of your sliding glass door in order to prevent them from being opened if the lock is bypassed in some way.
- Secure skylights or roofaccess with hardware that is upgraded or with the use of anti-break window film.
- Be cautious of the shrubs that are surrounding any exterior windows. Sharp shrubs will discourage entry points around windows.
- Always trim your exterior bushes in order to prevent hiding places.
- Trim any tree limbs that allow second story or roof access.
You do not want to make your doors an easy access in order to get into your home. You need to make sure to:
- Use solid-core exterior doors including in your garage.
- Exterior doors should all have deadbolts.
- Install wide-angle peepholes in exterior doors and use them before answering the door but cover them up when not in use.
- Purchase anti-kick door solutions to prevent forced entry.
- Door chains are not going to do much good.
- All locks should be high security locks.
- Install longer screws (3” screws) indoor jambs and hinges.
- Have spare keys hidden in uncommon places outside your home or with a neighbor.
It is important to keep an uneasy access to your home. Besides making sure access is not easy, you may also want to invest in a Wifi security camera, such as through Amcrest.
Source: Click Here