You definitely want to install a Wifi security camera in and around your home but there are many other things that you can do to keep your property and loved ones safe. There are many places, such as Amcrest that will have just the right Wifi security camera to fit your needs.
Burglaries are Going to Happen
Sadly, in today’s world, burglaries are going to happen. Even though burglaries have dropped steadily for the past 20 years because of home surveillance amcrest security cameras, they are going still happen. There are still over 2,000,000 victims of break-ins every single year. If you want to avoid becoming part of this crazy statistic, there are a number of things you can do to make your home less vulnerable to theft besides the obvious one of installing a Wif security camera in and around your home. There are many low-cost home improvements and common-sense practices that will help you keep your home safe.
- Have window and door shades up and in use in all windows. This is going to make it difficult for unwanted visitors to see if you are home or not.
- Make sure all locks on all doors and windows are in working order. Make sure to look all doors and windows, especially when you are not home or are sleeping.
- Install interior lights, television and radio timers. The point of this is to make others think that someone is at home when you actually are not.
- Install motion-controlled outdoor lighting. There is nothing more suspicious to burglars than a porch light that is left on over a long period of time.
- You do not want to have any bushes and shrubs that are in the way of an open window or door. Intruders are going to try and hide behind large bushes and shrubs. It may be best to have thorny bushes in these areas.
- Start a block watch group in your neighborhood. These groups are very effective because they encourage others to be vigilant and to call the police whenever they see something that does not seem right.
- Always keep garage doors closed, even if you are at home. If you leave your garage door open, burglars are going to see what all you have in your garage and can make a plan for a later time. You can also drill holes in garage door tracks and insert a padlock, to prevent the garage door from being forced open.
- Do not put a message on your answering machine letting others know that you are away from your home. Never put a note on the door letting others know you are away (even if it is for a package). Also, never post on social media when you are away from your home, believe it or not, people you know will also rob you.
- Keep car doors locked and never leave valuables in plain sight.
- Do not leave ladders in plain sight, as they are an invitation to burglars.
Source: Click Here